Based in Quebec City, Canada
June 2016, unless it's not done yet, then it would be later.
"Just Shapes & Beats" is a trippy couch-coop musical bullet-hell based on two simple things, there's going to be Shapes, and some kick-ass beats, and you are going to die a lot. Wait, that's three things, just go back and edit the first part to "three simple things" in your head.
Just Shapes & Beats is being produced by Em, Lachhh and Mike from Berzerk Studio. Lachhh is one of the studio's co-founder, over the past 7 years he has worked on over 25 games. He is also the host of the Youtube show "Indie Your Face", a show to help fellow indie devs making games for a living. Em is the eyes of the project, making everything shiny and colorful, well, purple colored mostly, but colorful nonetheless. Mike is the word wizard and party pooper, and we're actually being nice about it; seriously he's kind of a jerk.
- Shapes of various sizes and ... shapes I guess.
- Mindblowing beats by awesome artists from around the globe.
- Up to four player couch and online co-op multiplayer.
- User generated content, if that's your thing.
- Promotion tools for our beat makers. Speaking of which, if you want your music in the game, feel free to get at us at email@example.com; let's make memories.
Pax Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best game of Pax East 2015." Destructoid & Sidequesting, 2015
- "Picked for the Indie Megabooth (Not really an award but we're pretty proud still)" Pax Prime 2014 & Pax East 2015
- "Runner up - Programme Catapulte." Quebec City, October 20th, 2014
Trailer & Prototype track
From the talented Danimal Cannon & Zef, go check 'em out! danimalcannon.bandcamp.com.
Media Indie Exchange's MIX @ GDC 2015
Aww yiss let's show them who drops dem beats! mediaindieexchange.com.
About Berzerk Studio
Some men are not looking for anything logical. They cannot be easily bought, criticised or reasoned with. They just want to hit large ugly things very hard with a large blunt object and collect large amounts of currencies.
More information on Berzerk Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Just Shapes & Beats Credits
Game Designer & Coder
Good Guy & Word Wizard